Update

Thought it was time for an update now.

What's new?

I decided not to continue working on the map game as I'm far too inexperienced for something like that. Instead I started working on a new project. It's still gonna be about education, but this time about math. I think this should be a fairly simple project to have as my first one.

Why a math game?

Well, since I couldn't make the map game I had to think of a new project. I wanted it to be pretty simple so that I could make it pretty much all on my own. I also didn't want to make one of those useless entertainment apps (you know, like the fart apps and fake shaver apps, etc). I then got the idea of the current apps. I started thinking about how to implement it and, although it's not the easiest app to make, it shouldn't be too hard for me.

When will it be done?

It's really too early to say. I can tell you what I have done currently:
I have implemented a splash screen.
Made part of the menu.
A lot of the game logic.

All this in 2 days time. But there's still a lot to do.
Also this was during the weekend, on weekdays the progress will most likely go slower.
I'll keep you updated.

Final words:

As a final statement for this blog post I'd just like to make a shoutout to the IRC channel #android-dev (at www.freenode.net). I encountered a problem yesterday and went there. They helped me and it turned out that I had only missed one little line of code.

I think that's about it for today.
I'll keep you posted about the progress.

Feel free to leave a comment.
For example, what do you think about the way I present you the changes now (the "FAQ" kind of layout)?

Have a nice day,
Solirify Games.